ARRI is offering sets of ERM-2400 LCS radio modules from FoMa Systems, significantly increasing the flexibility of wireless camera and lens control.
ERM-2400 LCS radio modules, sold by ARRI as a set of two with various adapter cables, extend an LCS, LBUS, or EXT cable connection, but wirelessly. The set can be used to connect ARRI and cmotion hand units to cameras and motor controllers with an exceptionally good wireless range of around 1,000 m/3,280 feet.
This will be extremely useful to filmmakers for situations where a stable radio connection is required over a long distance, such as action shots involving vehicles. Previously these kinds of scenarios could sometimes prove challenging for wireless hand units on their own, but with a set of ERM-2400 LCS radios, much more ambitious shots are made possible.
The ERM-2400 LCS is compatible with equipment providing LCS, LBUS, and EXT interfaces. A pair of ERM-2400 LCS modules can connect such two devices, for example:
- ARRI WCU-4 or SXU-1 hand units and ALEXA Plus camera
- ARRI WCU-4 or SXU-1 hand units and ALEXA Mini camera
- ARRI WCU-4 or SXU-1 hand units and ALEXA Mini LF camera
- ARRI WCU-4 or SXU-1 hand units and Universal Motor Controller UMC-4
- ARRI Master Grip or Operator Control Unit OCU-1 and cforce motor
- ARRI Digital Wheels DRW-1 and Digital Encoder Head DEH-1
- cmotion cPRO hand unit and cforce motor
ARRI supplies the ERM-2400 LCS as an already paired set of two radio modules. Once plugged into a handset and camera device, they will automatically power up and wirelessly connect. The modules can be used as either transmitters or receivers. Pre-configured pairs can be identified by a matching number code on the back of each device.
ERM-2400 LCS sets are available from ARRI now. The basic set includes two radio modules, with antennas; LCS, LBUS, and EXT adapter cables; and a D-Tap power cable.